Sunday 25 March 2012

Off to Lapland


It has been pretty quiet, what comes to blogging, as I haven't been doing that much outdoorsy stuff lately, cause I managed to twist my knee in January. Luckily, it didn't need any surgery, but it'll take long time to heel, as the doctor said.

Today was the first day of skiing during this winter, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. As the doctor allowed me to do some easy cross-country skiing, I managed to ski ca. 15 kilometers, although the kick wax didn't work quite as well as I would have liked it to work. But I still have a week or so to do also other outdoorsy stuff, like snowshoeing as I took them with me, and there are even some new snowshoeing routes around the village of Äkäslompolo.

On our way here, we visited Haglöfs outlet, which is located in Haparanda, Sweden, as there's only a bridge to be crossed across a river from Tornio. I managed to find a new day/city backpack for myself, as I bought Haglöfs Raw for ca. 20€, cause daylight has started to come through the bottom part of my old, around 10-year-old Haglöfs Tight. I also bought a mid layer fleece for ca. 30€.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment or share your ideas.